These small golden cakes are called “financiers” because of their rectangular shape, similar to the gold bars traded by bankers.
Préparation - 45 minutes
- 25 g flour
- 4 fresh apricots, washed and cut in 4
- 75 g icing sugar
- 25 g ground hazelnuts (or almonds)
- 2 egg whites
- 60 ml Favuzzi extra virgin olive oil
- 10 g zest lime
- Sift sugar, flour and ground hazelnuts in a bowl.
- Gradually incorporate egg whites, mixing with an electric beater, until batter is smooth.
- Fold in lime zest with a spatula.
- Fill financier moulds ¾ full with batter, then push apricot pieces into the batter.
- Bake in the oven at 210°F (100°C) for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes before unmolding.
- SLeave to cool completely on a rack, at room temperature, before serving.