- 4 chicken legs
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 yellow onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 small zucchinis
- 2 jars Favuzzi Sicilian tomato sauce
- 1 bouquet garni
- Favuzzi extra virgin olive oil
- Favuzzi Bologna salt
- 2 teaspoons Favuzzi AOP Espelette pepper
- ½ cup white wine for cooking
- 400 g Favuzzi linguine
- Take the meat out of the refrigerator at least 20 minutes before you begin cooking. Brush the chicken legs with Favuzzi extra virgin olive oil, then season with 1 teaspoon Espelette pepper, Favuzzi Bologna salt, and pepper.
- Wash all the vegetables. Cut the bell peppers in half and remove the core and white ribs, then slice into strips. Cut the zucchini in thin slices.
- Thinly slice the onions and chop the garlic.
- Heat 2 tablespoons Favuzzi olive oil in a pan over medium heat and begin cooking the chicken by browning gently 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Set aside in a dish.
- Add 2 more tablespoons Favuzzi olive oil to the pan and sauté the onions over medium heat, stirring frequently, until they become translucent and slightly browned.
- Add the bell peppers, deglaze with the white wine
- Add the 2 jars Favuzzi Sicilian tomato sauce, the bouquet garni, the garlic, and 1 teaspoon Espelette pepper. Stir and simmer, covered, for about 20 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Add the zucchini and chicken pieces to the pan with two grinds of pepper and a pinch of Bologna salt, then cover again and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes longer over low heat.
- Towards the end of cooking, boil water with a drizzle of oil to prevent the pasta from sticking and cook the Favuzzi linguine. We recommend 9 minutes for al dente pasta !
- Serve chicken stew on a bed of pasta