Lobster flesh is a refined dish that can be enjoyed many different ways. Lobster can be steamed, boiled or grilled, eaten hot, warm or cold, or even savoured as sashimi. For this recipe, we recommend privileging freshness and using live lobsters in order to truly appreciate the quality of the product.
Préparation - 45 minutes
- 4 whole lobsters, preferably live
- 2 leeks, white parts only, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) Favuzzi extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can Bar Harbor lobster bisque
- 20 ml (2 teaspoons) O blood orange extra virgin olive oil
- Favuzzi saffron and salt, to taste
- Remove the lobsters’ front legs and cut bodies in half lengthwise.
- Clean the inside (remove roe and intestines to the end of the tail) and set aside.
- In a pan, sweat leeks over low heat with thyme and olive oil for about 15 minutes, without browning, until they are translucent.
- Meanwhile, heat bisque in a pot.
- Place lobster claws on the grill over high heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side. Do the same with the lobster bodies.
- Pour bisque into four shallow bowls.
- Top with cooked lobster and garnish with leeks. Finish with a drizzle of blood orange oil and saffron fleur de sel.