Préparation - 30 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 800 g beef filet mignon
- 1 package store-bought puff pastry
- 180 g (1 jar) Favuzzi mushroom and truffle pâté
- 500 g spinach
- 1 shallot
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) Favuzzi olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) O sherry vinegar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 220 C or 425 F.
- Season both sides of the filet mignon with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and add the meat.
- Cook on each side for two minutes to brown, then remove the meat from the heat and refrigerate to cool.
- In a frying pan, heat the rest of the oil and sweat the shallot for a minute.
- Add the spinach and deglaze with vinegar.
- Cook for a few minutes until the liquid reduces down a little, then remove excess liquid with a spoon.
- Spread the pastry on a baking sheet and top with the spinach mixture.
- Take the beef out the refrigerator and spread with mushroom and truffle pâté.
- Place the meat in the middle of the pastry covered with spinach and wrap the pastry over the meat to enclose it.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and brush the Beef Wellington all over.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Check the meat temperature with a thermometer.
- For a nice medium-rare doneness, the temperature at the centre of the roast should be 56°C or 133°F.
- After removing from the oven, leave to rest for 5 to 8 minutes before serving.