Préparation - 10 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 8 heads of garlic (60 cloves or so)
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) Favuzzi extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Separate the garlic cloves from the head without peeling them.
- Combine the garlic cloves, the oil and the thyme sprigs in a saucepan and heat over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to the lowest setting and continue to cook for 1 hour.
- Transfer to a Mason jar with the oil and close.
- The confit garlic can be kept in the refrigerator for several weeks and used to season vinaigrettes, mashed vegetables, soups, mushrooms or red meat.