Préparation - 15 minutes + 12 hours in the refrigerator
Serves 4 to 6
- 4 lemons
- 250 mL (1 cup) Favuzzi extra-virgin olive oil
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) coarse salt
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) Favuzzi Espelette pepper
- Wash the lemons and cut them into slices 0.5 cm thick.
- Place the slices in a strainer and cover with coarse salt.
- Put the strainer over a bowl or a pot to collect the juices.
- Refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Take the lemons out of the refrigerator and transfer them to a Mason jar with the rosemary and the Espelette pepper.
- Cover with olive oil and close the jar. Leave to rest at room temperature for 8 days.
- Confit lemons are perfect to add flavour to salads, stews, chicken or fish.