- 800 g to 1 kg of gnocchi
- 1 can FAVUZZI San Marzano tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful basil leaves
- FAVUZZI olive oil
- 180 to 200 g mozzarella, well drained, or grated mozzarella
- About 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- FAVUZZI flower Salt
- Prepare the sauce (up to a day in advance) by browning the garlic with about 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook on medium-low heat for 15 minutes, then add some basil leaves, salt and, if you like, a pinch of chili pepper. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, turn off the heat and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C and bring a large amount of water to a full boil, then add salt and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, if you are using a mozzarella ball, cut it into cubes.
- Carefully add the gnocchi into the boiling water and cook for a few minutes, until they all come to the surface, then keep cooking for 30 seconds to 1 minute longer.
- Drain with a skimmer and place the gnocchi in a bowl with the tomato sauce and a little bit of olive oil.
- Place a first layer of gnocchi in an oven-proof pan or in a baking dish, add some pieces of mozzarella and sprinkle with a bit parmesan cheese.
- Repeat until you have used all the ingredients. Put the pan or dish in the oven and cook just enough to melt the mozzarella and brown the surface a bit.
- Serve immediately.