Heirloom tomatoes are less common varieties you will find at farmers’ markets rather than in grocery stores. Sometimes striped, spotted, green, yellow or black, and bearing names such as Beefsteak, Black Krim and Mortgage Lifter, these tomatoes are well worth a try. Some are sweeter, but all have a unique flavour that will enhance your salads, such as the following recipe.
Préparation - 15 minutes
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) Favuzzi Port vinegar
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Favuzzi intense extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ml (1 teaspoon) Nielsen-Massey orange blossom water
- 1 kg heirloom tomatoes
- Favuzzi lemon and salt
- Favuzzi fennel pollen
- Cut tomatoes in large irregular pieces (slices, wedges or cubes).
- Combine dressing ingredients in a hermetically closed container and shake well.
- Drizzle some dressing over tomatoes and finish with a pinch of lemon fleur de sel and a pinch of fennel pollen.
- Serve immediately.