- 1 4 kg (8 lb) turkey
- Favuzzi Bologna herbal sea salt
- O Olive Oil Meyer lemon extra virgin olive oil
- El Bonhomme extra virgin olive oil
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 white onions
- 3 tbsp Marquès de Valdueza orange blossom honey
- 10 medium baking potatoes
- 20 carrots
- Favuzzi fleur de sel
- Black pepper
- Unsalted butter
- Kitchen string
If your turkey is frozen, start to thaw it out at least 2 to 3 days ahead of time.
The day before
- Remove the giblets from the turkey and place it in a large container half-filled with water. Rub the turkey with 2 tbsp Bologna herbal sea salt. Add the 4 whole garlic cloves and the 2 white onions cut into quarters. To finish, brush the turkey with Meyer lemon olive oil and add the thyme sprigs to flavour. Cover and refrigerate.
- A few minutes before cooking, take the turkey out and rinse it quickly with the water from the container.
- Rub small bits of butter under the turkey skin.
- Turn on the oven at 180°C (350°F).
- Peel the potatoes and carrots and place them in a baking dish with 4 tbsp El Bonhomme olive oil, a pinch of fleur de sel and black pepper. Cover with foil.
- Tie the turkey thighs with kitchen string.
- Transfer the turkey to a roasting pan, breast side down. Place the onion pieces and garlic cloves around the turkey, drizzle with 3 tbsp Meyer lemon olive oil and cover with foil.
- Cook in the oven for 1.5 h at 180°C (350°F). Baste the turkey with cooking juices every 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil from the turkey.
- Put the vegetable dish in the oven.
- Continue cooking the turkey and vegetables for 1 h longer.
15 minutes before the end of cooking, brush the turkey with 3 tbsp orange blossom honey. If your honey is not runny enough, hold the jar under warm water or heat it in a double boiler. Do not microwave it!
Leave the turkey to rest 15 to 20 minutes before serving. Keep the cooking juices in a bowl to drizzle over the carved meat.
Add side dishes to taste: green peas, corn…!