Préparation - 40 minutes + 6 hours in the refrigerator
- 1 kg lamb shoulder or neck
- 100 g salt
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ cups Favuzzi extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, cut into small dice
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) chopped parsley
- 4 red or orange bell peppers, whole
- 250 mL (1 cup) lamb’s lettuce
- 60 mL (4 tablespoons) O white balsamic vinegar
- Place the lamb in a deep dish and generously cover with salt on all sides.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 6 hours.
- Take the lamb out of the refrigerator, rinse it under cold water and dry well.
- Transfer the meat to an ovenproof dish and add the oil, the garlic and the rosemary.
- Bake for 2.5 hours at 120°C (250°F).
- Remove the lamb from the oven, leave it to cool for a few minutes, then take it out of the oil and shred the meat.
- In a frying pan, brown the shallot in a bit of oil for 2 minutes, then add the zucchini and cook for 2 minutes longer.
- Add the lamb, the cherry tomatoes and the parsley. Season and set aside.
- Slice the top off the peppers and core them (taking care to leave them whole).
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and stuff them with the lamb mixture.
- Cook in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°C (350°F).
- Serve with a lamb’s lettuce salad drizzled with white balsamic vinegar.