Chock-full of leeks and other garden vegetables, this soup could become your favourite dish year-round, especially served cold with cubed ham and a generous spoonful of sour cream or plain yogurt.
Préparation - 45 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 1 bag of Frontier Soup Leek Soup mix
- 1.5 L (6 cups) chicken or vegetable
- 700 g (about ten) small red potatoes, diced with skin
- 500 mL ( 1 cup) of cooking cream
- Bay leaf
- Favuzzi Fleur de Sel , to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a pot, bring broth to a boil; add the Frontier Soup Leek Soup mixture, the cubed potatoes and bay leaf .
- Reduce heat and simmer gently for 30 minutes.
- Coarsely crush the potatoes with a fork and remove the bay leaf.
- Add the cream and cook for 5 more minutes before serving.
Prepare the soup according to the above recipe without adding cream. Refrigerate overnight , then purée soup using a hand mixer. Add cream and mix. Serve with a dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt, topped with cubes of ham or crumbled bacon.