Nowadays, thanks to aquaculture, we can enjoy oysters year round. But did you know that traditionally, these delicious mollusks were harvested from September until the end of fall, much to the pleasure of seafood lovers ?
For this recipe, we suggest you ask your favourite fish merchant to recommend the best type of oyster depending on the season: the Malpeque, the Beausoleil or the Caraquet from the Atlantic coast, the Caribou from Nova Scotia or even the Tresor from the Magdalen Islands. You will be spoiled for choice !
Préparation - 15 minutes
- A dozen fresh oysters
- Tasto balsamic pearls
- Favuzzi extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly cracked pepper
- A few small mango dice
- A few small Granny Smith apple dice
- 2 drops O honey apple vinegar
- 1 pinch Favuzzi Espelette pepper
- 2 shallots, finely sliced
- A few drops of Badia cava rosé vinegar
- Boukman mild hot sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- Fresh chives, finely sliced