TO MAKE THE POLENTA:
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 250 ml (1 cup) Principato di Lucedio polenta (stone-ground yellow corn meal), imported from Italy by Favuzzi
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) fresh grated parmigiano from Baie des Fromages
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) Favuzzi mushroom and truffle pâté
- Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE COATING (FRIES):
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) white flour
- 1 beaten egg + 30 ml (2 tbsp) water
- 375 ml (1 ½ cup) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 jar Favuzzi pizza sauce
- Combine the milk, garlic and bay leaf in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil.
- As soon as it begins to boil, sprinkle in the polenta.
- Whisk continuously.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Continue cooking while stirring for 3 to 5 minutes, until a thick consistency is achieved.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the parmigiano, the mushroom and truffle pâté, the salt and the pepper.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Mix well.
- Line a 8 x 12 baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Transfer the polenta to the baking sheet.
- Spread evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until very firm.
- Remove from the refrigerator.
- Cut into sticks.
- To make the fries, coat the polenta sticks with flour, then dip in the beaten egg and coat with the panko breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.