For a more refined presentation, you can also assemble the dish individually on each plate just before serving, using a biscuit cutter as a mould, instead of layering the ingredients in advance, as we do for traditional shepherd's pie. Spoon a little aioli on the side and garnish with a bit of parmesan and chives.
Préparation - 45 minutes
- 4 confit rabbit legs, meat shredded
- 100 mL red wine
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed and chopped
- 4 medium potatoes
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) milk
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 75 mL (1/3 cup) Favuzzi olive oil
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) Joe Beef BBQ powder
Stonewall Kitchen habanero mango aioli
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Sweat the garlic and shallots in 30 mL of olive oil, then add the rabbit, red wine and 5 mL of Joe Beef BBQ powder. Reduce over low heat.
- In the meantime, cook the potatoes in boiling salted water.
- Drain the cooked potatoes, peel them and mash them with the milk, the parmesan, the rest of the olive oil and a bit of salt.
- Transfer the rabbit mixture into an oven-safe Pyrex dish and cover with the parmesan mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with a bit of Joe Beef BBQ powder and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a green salad and Stonewall Kitchen habanero mango aioli.