Red rice owes its colour to a high concentration of phenolic antioxidants called anthocyanins. Rich in iron, it is also a source of magnesium.
Préparation - 45 minutes (including the cooking time of the rice)
Serves 6 to 8
For the salad
- 250 ml (1 cup) Principato di Lucedio red rice
- 250 ml (1 cup) diced cucumber
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped parsley
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) chopped mint leaves
For the shallot vinaigrette
- 3 large shallots, finely chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, crushed
- 90 ml (6 tbsp.) Goccia di Sole extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) Lemon oil Goccia di Sole
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) Yuzu vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the red rice according to the packaging instructions. Let cool.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil and sauté the shallots and garlic until golden.
- Remove from heat, place in a bowl and whisk with a fork with the other dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- For the salad, mix cucumber, parsley and mint with the cooled red rice.
- Combine with the shallot vinaigrette in a large salad bowl and serve immediately.