A recipe from Chef Derek Dammann.
Serves 4 to 6
- 8 ounces wild salmon fillet, center cut, boneless/skinless
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 250 ml Maison Publique Cucumber Vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp Acadian sturgeon golden caviar (or mullet caviar if it’s a budget thing)
- 2 tbsp chives, finely minced
- Flaky salt to finish
- Good olive oil to finish
- 1 fresh red chili, sliced paper thin (optional)
- Lay your salmon on a nonreactive plate and season heavily with the salt and sugar (all of it), allow to cure for 1 hour. Rinse the fish off under cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Flood a decorative plate with Maison Publique Cucumber Vinaigrette. Using a very sharp knife, take thin slices of salmon and lay them nicely over the vinaigrette.
- Season the fish with the flaky salt. Arrange the caviar and chives over each slice and garnish each piece of fish with a slice of chili. Drizzle with the good olive oil.