Préparation - 30 minutes
Serves 4 to 6
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) chopped coriander
- 15 mL (1 tablespoon) Favuzzi Espelette pepper
- 250 mL (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 250 mL (1 cup) corn starch
- 250 mL water
- 1 egg
- 250 mL (1 cup) Favuzzi extra-virgin olive oil
- 400 g northern shrimp
- Favuzzi fleur de sel
- Stonewall Kitchen roasted garlic aioli
- In a bowl, combine the flour, half the corn starch, the coriander and the Espelette pepper.
- Add the egg and the water and stir until smooth.
- Dry the shrimp thoroughly with paper towels, then lightly coat them with the rest of the corn starch and set aside.
- In a deep pot, heat the oil to 160°C (325°F).
- Dip the shrimp in the beignet batter and carefully lower them one by one in the hot oil.
- Fry for two minutes and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Place the beignets on paper towels to absorb excess oil then season with fleur de sel.
- Serve the beignets with Stonewall Kitchen roasted garlic aioli.