Préparation - 10 minutes
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
- 75 ml (5 tbsp.) butter, softened
- 8 slices of crusty bread sourdough (white, wheat or Italian)
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple bacon onion jam Stonewall Kitchen
- 225 g (1/2 lb) black Forest ham
- 225 g (1/2 lb) aged cheddar, sliced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) Boukman hot sauce maple-apple
- In a large, heavy-bottomed frying pan, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Add apple slices and sauté until golden on both sides, but still firm.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Butter bread slices on one side, then turn over and spread a thin coat of maple, bacon and onion jam.
- Place cheese, ham and apples on four bread slices, drizzle a few drops of Boukman Apple and Maple hot sauce over the top and cover with the four remaining bread slices.
- Cook in the pan over medium heat until cheese is melted and sandwiches are browned on both sides.
- Add butter in the pan if necessary.