For the chick pea patties
- 2 eggs
- 2 red onions
- Prepared grilled red peppers (jarred)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp hot pepper spread
- 600 g chick peas (canned)
- 6 tbsp Favuzzi extra virgin olive oil
- Favuzzi fleur de sel
- 1 twist of the pepper grinder
For the burgers
- 8 sunflower shoot leaves
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 small zucchini
- Preheat oven to 180 °C (350°F).
- Finely mince one onion and the garlic.
- Drain the chick peas and rinse them under cold water before roughly mashing them.
- Break and whisk the eggs into a bowl.
- In a large shallow bowl, combine the ingredients to make the patties: the mashed chick peas, the eggs, the garlic, the onion and the hot pepper. Mix well with your hands until smooth and blended.
- Slowly add the olive oil as you blend.
- Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and shape into 4 patties.
- Transfer the patties to a clean baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the patties in the oven for 15 minutes on each side.
- In the meantime, scoop out the avocado flesh and mash it with lemon juice.
- Wash the zucchini and slice into very thin rounds using a mandolin.
- Peel the second red onion and slice it into rings.
- Toast the buns lightly in a toaster oven.
- Put together the burgers with a spicy chick pea patty, some mashed avocado, the sunflower shoots and 2 or 3 rings red onion.