Préparation - 45 minutes
- 12 large scallops
- 400 g cooked potato flesh (still warm)
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) warm milk
- 10 g (1 jar) Favuzzi dried truffle slices
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) very finely chopped rosemary
- 60 mL (¼ cup) Goccia di sole rosemary olive oil
- 30 mL (2 tablespoons) Favuzzi olive oil (for cooking)
- 5 mL (1 teaspoon) finely chopped chives
- A drizzle of Favuzzi truffle oil
- A pinch of Favuzzi porcini fleur de sel
- 1 knob cold butter
- Juice of half a lime
- Rehydrate the truffle slices in 50 ml warm water for 5 minutes, then drain and chop half. Set aside the chopped truffles for the potatoes.
- Place the remaining half of the truffle slices in a small bowl, cover with truffle oil and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the warm potato flesh, the milk, the rosemary olive oil, the chopped truffles, the rosemary and the chives and mash roughly with a fork. Cover and keep warm.
- Pour a drizzle of Favuzzi olive oil in a hot pan and sear the scallops on one side, without turning over, until nicely golden.
- At the end of cooking time, add a knob of cold butter, remove the pan from the heat and let the butter melt.
- Once the butter is foaming, turn the scallops over and deglaze with the lime juice.
- Return to the hob and cook for 2 minutes longer. In the meantime, spoon some of the potato mixture on each plate to serve.
- Place the scallops on top of the potatoes. Garnish with the truffle slices reserved in oil and finish with a pinch of porcini fleur de sel and some chives.