Préparation - 10 minutes 1st version ; 20 minutes 2nd version
Seves 4 to 6
- Orange, apple and nut
- 500 g ground beef
- 2 apples, cubed
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- 2.5 mL (1/2 teaspoon) 5-spice blend
- 60 g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) O blood orange olive oil
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) Cointreau
- Sausage and leek
- 500 g mild sausage meat
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) chopped rosemary
- 10 mL (2 teaspoons) Joe Beef BBQ powder
- 150 g fresh cranberries
- 45 mL (3 tablespoons) Favuzzi olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Stuff the turkey or chicken.
- If there is any leftover stuffing, bake it in the oven at the same time as the turkey or chicken and serve as a side dish.
- Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan and add the sausage meat.
- Cook while stirring to break up the meat as much as possible. Set aside.
- Heat the rest of the oil in another pan and sweat the leek.
- Add the rosemary, spices, cranberries and sausage meat.
- Cook for 5 minutes, mixing well. Season to taste.
- Stuff the turkey or chicken.
- Save any leftover stuffing to serve as a side dish.
To cook the turkey or chicken
Pour ½ cup water at the bottom of a roasting tin, then place the turkey or chicken in the tin. Roast in the oven for about 2.5 hours for a large turkey (4.5 kg) or 75 minutes for a chicken.