Préparation - 15 minutes
3 large yellow beets
250 ml manouri Cretan cheese,crumbled
60 ml (¼ cup) walnuts, roughly chopped
1 pinch Favuzzi fleur de sel
- 30 ml (2 tablespoons) Favuzzi Champagne vinegar
- A drizzle of intense Favuzzi extra virgin olive oil
- Peel beets and slice with a mandolin into 2-mm rounds.
- Boil in salted water for 5 to 7 minutes or until center is tender (cooking time can vary depending on beet size).
- Remove from heat, drain and leave to cool.
- Layer beet slices, manouri cheese and walnuts on a serving plate.
- Season with a pinch of salt, Champagne vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve as a starter or side salad.