Chestnut flour cake – Tuscan recipe.
- 500 g chestnut flour
- 800 ml water
- 4 tbsp pine nuts
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Favuzzi extra virgin olive oil (plus extra to oil a dish)
- Preheat oven to 182°C (360°F).
- Soak the raisins in warm water.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and add a pinch of salt.
- Add the water gradually, stirring constantly to avoid lumps forming.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and mix until batter is smooth.
- Add half the pine nuts and raisins and mix well.
- Grease an oven-safe dish with olive oil and pour in the castagnaccio batter.
- Top with the rest of the pine nuts and raisins and sprinkle with rosemary leaves.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes, until the cake is dry and crinkly on the outside, but moist on the inside.
- Enjoy warm or cold.