Chef Robuchon’s Gaspacho
- Preparation 30 min
- Portions 4 pers.
For the gaspacho
- 1 kg vine tomatoes, cut in 8 (5 to 10 tomatoes, depending on size)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 50 g country bread
- 15 ml (1 tablespoon) salt
- 90 ml (6 tablespoons) Intense Favuzzi extra virgin olive oil
- 45 ml (3 tablespoons) Favuzzi sherry vinegar
- 200 g (7 oz) plain Greek yogurt
- 40 g (1 ¾ oz) mustard
Steps of preparation
- Combine all gazpacho ingredients in a large bowl and cover with cling film.
- Refrigerate overnight. Prepare the garnish in advance: mix yogurt and mustard (adjust quantity of mustard to taste) in a freezer-safe container.
- Close hermetically and put in the freezer overnight as well.
- When it is time to serve, take yogurt and mustard garnish out of the freezer, and gazpacho ingredients out of the refrigerator.
- Transfer gazpacho ingredients to a blender and pulse until very smooth.
- Just before serving, scrape yogurt and mustard blend with a spoon and use to decorate the soup.
- Finish with a dash of freshly cracked pepper from the mill and a drizzle of intense Favuzzi olive oil.
Other recipes that may be of interest to you
Favuzzi is also
A selection of
on olive oil