Serves 4 people
- 2 + 1 heaped tbsp butter
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup arborio or carnaroli rice
- About ¼ cup white wine at room temperature
- Hot vegetable stock (500 ml [2 cups] or a little more)
- 5-6 tbsp grated parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Favuzzi beetroot cream for garnish
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in a pot and add the onion. Sauté until soft and golden, then add the rice. Stir until the rice is translucent.
- Pour the wine over the rice. Leave to reduce so the alcohol evaporates, stirring with a wooden spoon for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, one ladleful at a time. Wait until the liquid has been fully absorbed before adding more. Don’t forget to stir constantly.
- As soon as the rice is cooked (creamy, but still firm in the centre), turn off the heat.
- Add the last tablespoon of butter and the parmesan to bind. Season with salt and pepper, the leave to rest for no more than 2 minutes.
- Serve the risotto right away and garnish each plate with a few drops of beetroot cream.