- 2 bunches of asparagus
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3-4 tbsp of olive oil
- 200-250 g or nordic (or regular) shrimp
- 7-8 principato de lucedio saffron pistils
- 1 package (or 400 g) of spaghetti
- Saffron and salt
- Cut the asparagus into small pieces and keep 5-6 stems on the side,
- Put the stems in a saucepan with water and a little bit of salt and let it boil in order to make some vegetable broth.
- Take out 3-4 tablespoons of broth and pour into a glass.
- Add in the saffron pistils and set aside in a large skillet.
- Sauté the garlic with the olive oil and then add the asparagus pieces.
- Cook over a highheat for 1-2 minutes and then lower the heat, cover and stir often adding a couple of spoons of broth.
- Cook for about 12 minutes and then add in the saffron water, salt and cook for a few more minutes.
- Add the shrimp, cook 1-2 minutes, just enough time to cook them and then turn off the heat.
- Salt to taste with saffron.
- Salt cook the spaghetti in the salted boiling water, as indicated on the package, drain the spaghetti al dente and put them inthe pan with asparagus and shrimp sauce.
- To finish cooking the pasta (2-3 more minutes) gradually add the asparagus broth, stirring gently. This is called « mantecatura » and, like happens for the
risotto, it will give an extraordinary result: perfectly cooked pasta and a creamy sauce serve the pasta immediately.