Serves 4 people
- 1 kg veal cubes
- Favuzzi Tuscan meat rub
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5-6 tbsp Intense Favuzzi olive oil
- ½ cup Favuzzi tomato sauce
- Vegetable stock
- Favuzzi Salt
- Thoroughly coat the veal cubes with the Tuscan meat rub, then leave to rest for about 30 minutes.
- Coat the meat with flour.
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, lightly brown the onion in oil, add the meat and brown on all sides.
- Add the wine, stirring constantly until fully evaporated.
- Add the tomato sauce and about twice as much stock. Bring to the boil, then lower the heat and leave to simmer, covered, for about 1 hour or until the meat is tender.
- If needed, add a little water or stock during cooking.
- Check doneness after one hour. If needed, cook for a little longer over low heat, uncovered.
- Rectify seasoning to taste.
- Serve the meat topped with sauce, alongside warm polenta.