Eggs poached in truffle sauce
by: Nathalie Charron
- Preparation 15 min
- Cooking 15 min
- Portions 4 pers.
- 480 ml Favuzzi Truffle tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. Favuzzi Moderate intensity extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. leafs marjoram
- 1/2 tsp. leafs thyme
- 1/2 tsp. chives, minced
- 1/4 tsp. Favuzzi Truffle and salt
- 4 eggs
Products used in this recipe
Steps of preparation
- In a large skillet, sauté the shallots and peppers in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the tomato sauce and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add the herbs and truffle salt.
- Use a spoon to create four pockets and break an egg into each one.
- Cover and simmer over low heat until the egg whites are cooked.
- Serve with slices of toasted baguette slathered with oil and herbs.
Favuzzi is also
A selection of
on olive oil